Saturday, August 06, 2005

There's a Tear in My Foster's

(Via Mudville Gazette, Michelle Malkin)

I found out yesterday that, within a month, Arthur Chrenkoff will no longer be blogging. No more Good News from Iraq, Good News from Afghanistan, and, in general, no more Chrenken' off. The reason he will no longer be blogging is, to me, the saddest part of it all. He's not leaving because he wants to, he's leaving because he has to.

One of the conditions for accepting a new job was that he not blog or write anymore. I can think of no greater injustice than telling someone who has such an obvious gift for writing and research, that he is no longer able to do so. I'm sure Arthur has some very compelling reasons for agreeing to these terms, but I can imagine the decision is tearing him up inside. I can't speak for him, but I know that's how I would feel and I don't have one tenth of his talent and ability.

Michelle Malkin said in her post yesterday "In an ideal world, someone smart in the journalism business would have hired him full-time to allow him to keep doing what he is doing." I honestly can't understand why they haven't. You don't get the talent of Arthur Chrenkoff from journalism school, you are born with it. His talent would be invaluable to any news organization regardless of what they paid him. They would instantly be able to provide well sourced and well researched reports available nowhere else in the mainstream media. Given the current track record in the media these days, he would be worth his weight in gold.

I would like to wish Arthur all the best in his new endeavor and wish him all the success in the world. I have never met him, but like many others, feel that I know him. After all, isn't that the trademark of a talented writer?

In a perfect world, Arthur would continue his work anonymously. The information he provides is invaluable and will be sorely missed. Those who regularly read him don't have to see his name to know who is behind the keyboard.

Tags:,,,

Technorati talk bubble
Locations of visitors to this page