Sunday, January 22, 2006

I'm Sassy!

At least according to Argville, that is:

Clearly a Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity fan, Barry Ready runs a blog that echos pretty much what the conservative world thinks. Take for example the current bin Laden tape, where Barry, much like the conservative right, can't analyze it without taking shots at liberals: "Assuming for a moment that the majority of this audio translation was not taken directly from Howard Dean’s talking points and that Osama bin Laden is indeed still alive". Funny, you may have thought that terrorists are the enemy, but if you read Barry's site you'll find out they're not -- liberals are.

But this blog has a lot more than that. Barry applies his conservative thinking to many other issues. His opinions are well-documented and well-written and the site is a good source for how conservatives see issues like the Alito nomination, Ted Kennedy, Tom Delay, and the Iraq war, among many other topics.

I'm not sure whether this is a back-handed compliment or genuine praise, but I'll take it. I appreciate the obvious sincerity of the second paragragh, and if I'm truly viewed as advertised, it's an honor to be thought of in this light regardless of whether the author likes me or loathes me. It means I'm accomplishing what I've set out to accomplish. For my opinions to be considered well-documented and well-written, is the perhaps the greatest compliment a blogger of any stripe can receive. I sincerely appreciate it!

I would like to clear up a couple of discrepancies however:

Although I do like to listen to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, I rarely get the opportunity. What you get from me is largely my opinion of the news of the day with links to my sources. If it "echoes what the conservative world thinks", it is most likely because I am...wait for it...a conservative.

I do believe terrorism presents the greatest threat to our security. Liberalism presents the greatest threat to our liberties. I know it sounds like the same thing, but it really isn't. Easy mistake.

As to why Bin Laden started using Howard Dean's talking points, I can't think of a good reason. They really haven't been all that effective for Dean. I guess that's something Ramsey Clark will have to ask him when he defends him at his trial, assuming the military doesn't introduce him to his 72 virgins first.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention: I can be a bit snarky on occasion, but that shouldn't be confused with insincerity.

Technorati talk bubble
Locations of visitors to this page