Sunday, April 24, 2005

Someone Who Was There

I realize this post comes a few days later than it should have, but I stumbled upon this story last night and thought it was too good and too relevant not to share. Everyone knows how they felt on April 19, 1995 when they heard the news of the explosion in Oklahoma City at the Murrah Federal Building, but this post is from someone who was actually there and felt it when it happened.

Don writes:

Ten years ago today at 9:02 am I was sitting in my office in Oklahoma City when I heard an explosion that literally shook my desk. I was on the twelfth floor of a twelve story building and my first thought was that a boiler had exploded on the roof or possibly a tanker truck had exploded at street level immediately in front of my building. I would have doubted the explosion could have come from a block away and thought it impossible that it had happened four blocks away.
He provides detailed maps and photos showing where he was in relation to the explosion and his thoughts during this horrific day. Do yourself a favor and check it out and let it serve as a reminder that there is evil in the world and it must be defeated.

Technorati talk bubble
Locations of visitors to this page