Thursday, June 09, 2005

ACLU Defined !

Jay at Stop the ACLU posts the contents of an interview he conducted with Mr. Reese Lloyd, a former lawyer with the ACLU. Mr. Lloyd expressed his thoughts on the organization and thankfully, holds nothing back.

An example:

"I think it is important that we shouldn't forget that we had a civil rights movement that was needed in our history at the time. I was around to see segregated bathrooms. There were black and white water fountains. You could sit at a lunch counter next to someone like Charles Manson because he was white, but not someone like Martin Luther King Jr. because he was black. The ACLU played a helpful role in the civil rights movement defending these people, and I can't turn my back on that. I have to give credit where credit is due."
But....that being said, what they have done in the past is completely eviscerated by what they do in the present. The ACLU has become a fanatical anti-faith Taliban of American religious secularism."


That pretty much sums it up if you ask me! Read the whole thing here.

Tag:

Technorati talk bubble
Locations of visitors to this page