Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I Knew This Was Coming

I've had to change my e-mail address in the sidebar because I have started receiving some interesting spam in the last few days.

Examples:

Some person(this is questionable) sent me an e-mail stating how much she missed me and longed to hold me again and other such nonsense. I suppose it could have been flattering if a)the To: line hadn't included about 1,000 other names, and b) I actually knew who it was.

I have been offered enlargement advice, techniques, etc. from several companies that I am sure are quite reputable. I will not fill in the blanks for you. Please feel free to use your imagination.

I received a letter from some very important person offering me a substantial sum of money. All I had to do was give him my bank account number so that he could park about $5 million there until "the coast was clear". Apparently his father, who was the former something or another, from the country of Doesn't Exist, had fallen out of favor with their government.
I valued the $5 million already in my bank account too much to trust him with my number.

I have been offered several "too good to pass up" real estate deals from a company in Florida whose well appointed home office appeared to be located in a K-Mart shopping center. I'm probably missing a "real" opportunity here, but I like to live life on the edge.

There are many more of course, but I won't go into detail. Due to this nonsense, I have had to resort to the old trick of writing out my e-mail address with no symbols. I guess you could call it the poor man's spam filter.

If you want to send me an e-mail, you will unfortunately have to type it in yourself. Just replace the 'at' with @ and 'dot' with a .

If I have to, I will change the e-mail address completely, but I hope this helps in the interim.
If you have any funny stories about your e-mail address and would like to share them, please leave them in the comments section. I would really love to hear them!

Now I must be off to something more productive. I might start by e-mailing the King of Squat back and see if he will give me his bank account number! I'll let you know how it works out.

Technorati Tag:

Technorati talk bubble
Locations of visitors to this page