Wednesday, June 29, 2005

AdSense Nonsense

I am still trying to figure out exactly how Google AdSense works. I go on vacation, write one post about an out of control washing machine, and next thing you know, I'm selling washing machine parts in the sidebar of my blog! Am I missing something?

I realize that Google scans your blog so that it can display relevant ads, but give me a break! I've been blogging since March about news and politics and then Whammo!, I'm now the Maytag repairman. Can anyone explain this? Is one post really considered a trend?

If it's all the same to you, I'll continue talking about news and politics and leave the discussion of applicances to the professionals. In the meantime, if you are having appliance problems, you have apparently come to the right place.

If the checks start rolling in due to sales of washing machine parts, I will have no choice but to include the words "washing machine" in all future posts whether it is relevant to the topic or not. Money talks and I am, of course, a capitalist!

Tags:,,

Technorati talk bubble
Locations of visitors to this page