Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Gifts Santa Forgot?

I saw an ad for Target stores in my Sunday newspaper that said "Get The Gifts That Santa Forgot!".

I found it quite ironic they would invoke the word "Santa" on December 25th having not even mentioned the word Christmas or anything related to Christmas at any point during the Christmas season. The only clue Target gave that something was coming up (that I personally saw) was the slogan "Gather Round".

Could it be that Santa didn't think he was allowed to shop at Target this year or that just maybe they didn't have Christmas presents there? Is it really fair to jump on Santa on Christmas Day when you never told anyone he was coming in the first place?

I'm just asking.

By the way, I don't expect retailers to spread the word that the overwhelming majority of Americans believe that Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, but I didn't expect until recently that they would be so afraid of the opinion of the minority that they wouldn't even mention the words Christmas or (gasp!) Santa Claus.

Tag:

Technorati talk bubble
Locations of visitors to this page