Thursday, February 16, 2006

Posting Nonexistent Today! Gee, Thanks Microsoft!

I would be interested to know if anyone had the trouble with Windows Automatic Updates that I experienced very early this morning:

I had automatic updates run in the background while I finished my post last night and then everything went haywire. When the download finished, I selected restart for the updates to take effect and when I did, XP crashed and wouldn't even allow me back via using safe mode. It went through a continuous boot/fail process until I forced it to shut down. The computer guy at work ran a disk repair utility on it and told me that apparently something in the updated cause a key file to become corrupted. He was able to recover it, but I'd be curious to know if anyone else had the same problem.

Anyway, I'm too tired and it's too late to post today. Be back hopefully tomorrow.

Technorati talk bubble
Locations of visitors to this page