Saturday, June 18, 2005

Blogging Pon Top Edisto

For those who don't know, Pon Top Edisto is an expression used in these parts to mean "Up on Top of Edisto", or something very similar to that. I thought it's use would be appropriate here.

I have found the dial-up speed here is just slightly worse than pitiful, so blogging may indeed be light for the next few days. It is a real shame considering all that is going on now, especially involving Durbin. I hear he apologized. Actually what I heard was not an apology but more like blaming everyone for misunderstanding what he said. I understood completely what he said and I, for one, share no responsiblility in it whatsoever.

This slow dial-up got me thinking about the wonders of technology and the gains that have been made in recent years. I would probably be correct in saying that most of us in the blogosphere use either DSL, cable modem, or some other high speed connection to do what we do on a daily basis. We would probably not be able to produce the "product" we produce, and at the speed at which we produce it, if it weren't for these advances in technology. If you don't believe me, try it this way for awhile. I know it has definitely opened up my eyes.

I'll try to post some pictures and maybe a post or two over the next few days, but if not I will definitely "see" you when I get back. In the meantime, keep doing what you're doing and thank your lucky stars you have high speed internet access.

Technorati talk bubble
Locations of visitors to this page